Interested in learning more about CBD oils and your oral health? Find out how this anti-inflammatory substance can prove beneficial at combating gum disease. CBD Oil for Oral Health: Can It Help with Gum Disease? When you fail to take routine care of your gums, teeth and mouth, there are chances that you will end developing gum disease. The first
Discover the Many Benefits of CBD Oil and How It Can Improve Your Oral Health
Each year, millions of Americans discovered they are suffering from gum disease. While the symptoms may vary among each person, inflamed gums are a clear indicator that something is not right. With so many treatment options available, one that is becoming increasingly popular is the use of CBD oils. To find out more about the connection between CBD oils and your oral health, find out how this unique substance can help you combat gum disease.
What is CBD?
The clinical term is “Cannabidiol,” but it is more commonly known as CBD. These naturally occurring substances grow within the flower of the cannabis plant. While many people mistake it for Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is used in marijuana, CBD is actually used for health benefits, not to “get high.” In fact, it is proven to be incredibly beneficial at protecting and strengthening your oral health.
What Are the Benefits of CBD Oil?
As a completely safe and effective substance, CBD can work to create homeostasis within your body. Working alongside various receptors that are part of the endocannabinoid system (ECS), CBD interacts with this system to improve function, restore balance, and resolve health problems.
Additionally, CBD is known to help with neurological conditions, help with anxiety and depression, improve gut health, and even treat autoimmune diseases such as inflammation, which is a common sign of gum disease.
How is CBD Used to Combat Gum Disease?
Inflammation is one of the main causes of many oral health diseases. When it comes to gum disease, which is also known as periodontal disease, inflamed gums can result in serious problems developing throughout the body. Strained arteries can lead to heart attack, stroke, diabetes, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease.
CBD works to reduce inflammation and encourage healthy bacteria to develop. As one of the most natural ways to improve your oral health, CBD is not only an anti-inflammatory, but it is also an antibacterial and antifungal substance that helps to stimulate the bone, restore, and enhance oral health. The oil helps to increase blood flow and stimulate tissue healing, so you will be able to regain your gum health quicker than ever before.
Other added benefits of CBD oil are:
- It prevents cavities
- Reduces the chances of developing tooth decay
- Lessens the risk of gum disease
- It accelerates healing and recovery time
- Assists in creating balance within the body
Another benefit of CBD oil is its ability to prevent the deterioration of your jawbone if you wear dentures. Because weakened bone can have devastating effects on your oral and overall health, the use of this substance can make a big difference in the life of someone wearing dentures.
If you are looking for ways to improve your teeth and gums that are safe, healthy, and good for your total body, there is no denying that CBD oil is a great place to start. It is time to put away the misconception and misinformation about its connection to marijuana and instead, embrace its healing properties for better oral and overall health.
About the Practice
As we strive to improve not only your oral but overall health, Dupont Family Dentistry believes in incorporating other methods of treatment to encourage healthy teeth, gums, and well-being. Since periodontal disease in DuPont is one of the most common dental problems seen by dentists in DuPont today, we are proud to offer periodontal therapy as a way to combat this disease and improve your gums. By incorporating CBD oil, the anti-inflammatory agent can make it a beneficial additive to your oral hygiene routine. To learn more about this unique substance, contact us at (253) 964-7000.
CBD Oil for Oral Health: Can It Help with Gum Disease?
When you fail to take routine care of your gums, teeth and mouth, there are chances that you will end developing gum disease. The first stage of gum disease is medically known as gingivitis, where gums start bleeding and sometimes, even hurt, which is usually, the second stage, known as periodontitis.
The best way to keep your gums healthy and happy is to brush and floss your teeth on a regular basis. Even so, we aren’t used to taking proper care of our oral health. Perhaps this is the reason why more than 40% of the adult population pays a visit to the dentist once in a month or two. While there are several medical procedures and medicines available to help you take care of your gums, CBD is one natural and potent way to do the same. In fact, many people suffering from gum disease have reportedly felt relieved in their pain, bleeding and bad breath of the gums. How CBD oil can do that, we will find out in a jiffy!
What is CBD oil?
Cannabidiol, popularly known as CBD, is a naturally-occurring compound found in the cannabis family. It is one of the 104 compounds that are a part of the cannabis sativa plant. However, it is specially known for not containing any or almost nil quantity of THC—another cannabis compound responsible for getting you high or stoned. Thus, CBD is a non-psychoactive substance. The best thing about this product is that CBD has proven therapeutic abilities. For instance, it has helped people from across the globe in dealing with their anxiety, depression, inflammation, and chronic pains, amongst many other health conditions. While research is still in its infancy to prove its potential as a natural medical treatment, there are several anecdotes that are affirmative in nature. In the same way, CBD oil is being considered as a great alternative to help you keep your oral health in place.
CBD and Oral health
One should know that prescribing medicine should still be your number one pick, when it comes to seriously taking care of your gums. However, using CBD as a supplement in the beginning will make you realize why it is an option worth-going after. Even scientists have approved the CBD has many properties that can bring improvement in your oral health, such as-
- It is anti-bacterial in nature
- It also has analgesic or pain-relieving characteristics
- It is antiseptic in nature
- It is anti-inflammatory as well
Thus, there are several dental conditions where CBD oil comes in handy. Some of them are listed below-
- Tooth decay – The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD makes it a good aid for minor tooth decay. It can also reverse the damage in some cases.
- Tooth ache –It’s anti-inflammatory and pain-killing characteristics again help in relieving people from any kind of toothache. The best part is that it is a natural healer. Thus, no side effects.
- Swollen gums – Due to bad dental hygiene, many people develop bacteria in their gums which leads to their swelling. This can also result in bleeding and ache, if not treated within time. Swollen gums can also be a result of inflammation, and this is where CBD can help in making them healthy again.
- Tooth sensitivity – A swollen nerve often leads to sensitivity in tooth or gums. CBD has the ability to create a cover or a shield on the sensitive tooth or gum, in order to protect it from hurting or being exposed to the damage.
How to apply CBD oil in gums?
The application of CBD oil depends on the oral area that you have a problem in. Even so, here are some suggestions on how to apply CBD oil in your gums.
- If you want you can directly buy a CBD toothpaste, or simply add a few drops of CBD oil in your toothpaste before brushing your teeth.
- If you suffer from toothache, then directly apply the oil on the region where it hurts the most. That would bring you instant relief as well. The same can be done in case of swollen gums.
- Another way of consuming the oil is by adding a few drops in your tea or coffee and gargling the same in your mouth, especially close to the area where your problem is.
- If you had a dental surgery, then you can simply add a few drops of the oil on a gauze pad and put the same in the space left after the surgery. The pad will help in reducing the pain since CBD is an analgesic.
Conclusion: Can CBD Help Oral Health?
CBD oil is the quickest way to relieve your gums from pain, bleeding and swelling. Also, it is a natural product that is easily available in the market. You must also know that there are no side-effects of consuming CBD. However, you might have to decide on the dosage of the oil yourself. You can start with the minimum dosage and stop when you feel you have reached your ideal dosage. In any case, CBD is absolutely safe to consume and there hasn’t been a single case of CBD overdose. All you have to do is make sure that you are buying your CBD oil from a reputable company and you will be good to try this magical compound!